Enterprises face unprecedented challenges in ensuring resilient operating environments, accelerated digital delivery, and reliable end-user experience. A digital immune system combines various practices and technologies from software design, development, automation, operations, and analytics to reduce system failures that impact business performance.
It can reduce business continuity risks created when critical applications and services are severely compromised or stop working altogether. This talk asks, “”What is a digital immune system?”” and explores six prerequisites for a solid digital immune system.
- Observability: Provides the necessary information to mitigate issues with reliability and resilience
- AI-augmented testing: Enables organizations to make software testing activities increasingly independent from human intervention
- Chaos engineering: Leverages experimental testing to uncover vulnerabilities and weaknesses within a complex system
- Auto remediation: Builds context-sensitive monitoring capabilities and automated remediation functions directly into an application
- Site reliability engineering: Focuses on improving the user experience and customer retention by leveraging service-level objectives to govern service management
- Software supply chain security: Addresses the risk of software supply chain attacks